Header Ads

Header ADS
4:30pm And that is all! What a Test series this has been and what a pleasure it was bringing it to you. A bit of everything in it and it's not too bad that it has ended in a stalemate - neither team could put the final touches with authority at any point in this series. We'll see you next week when Bangladesh come to West Indies. Bye!
Suranga Lakmal: I feel so happy. It's my first Test as captain. Very happy. I didn't expect it. I thought it was a good opportunity to lead and I took it. I'm happy with my contributions but also the three fast bowlers all did very well, along with the spinner.
Shane Dowrich: I've had good performances throughout the series. It would have been nice to win today but credit goes to SL bowlers. [This performance] gives me a lot of confidence with a series starting next week. I think we put up a good fight and our bowlers came in strongly as well, but as I said the Sri Lankan bowlers really set us back. I have a back injury, but I will get some therapy before the next series.
Shane Dowrich is the Man of the Series
Both skippers walk out, awkwardly to share the trophy. It's one of those times you just don't know how happy to feel. But then it's been one of those pleasantly surprising tours - one you expect to get bored with, only for the contest to be so damn equal. That's all we have for you from out here .. this is Vineet Anantharaman signing off on behalf of Sriram AS, Rishi Roy, Varun Dikshit and our scorer Shashikant Singh. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did in bringing it to you. Ta ta!!
Ankush says: "Result of the match should not change the Man of the Match". #Holder
Shane Dowrich | MoS: Good performances right through the series, but it would have been good to sign off with a win. Credit to the Sri Lankans, they bowled really well to pull it back. This gives me a lot of confidence going forward and I'll look to take that into the next series which is starting shortly. As I said, their bowlers really took it away from us in the second innings. I have been struggling with an injury to my back, but I have a week for rehabilitation.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.